Tasty chicken meatballs that taste like chicken wings. You will not miss the bones.
chicken wing meatballs
Tasty chicken wing meatballs, you will not miss the bones
- ½ Pound Ground chicken
- ¼ Cup Blue Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon Adobo Powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Celery Seed
- ½ Cup Pork Rinds crushed
- 1 Cup Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Butter more if you want a milder sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper
- In a bowl, place the pound of ground chicken.½ Pound Ground chicken
- Add the garlic, cheese, and seasonings. Mix well.¼ Cup Blue Cheese, 1 tablespoon Garlic paste, 2 teaspoon Adobo Powder, ½ teaspoon Paprika, ½ teaspoon Cumin, ½ teaspoon Celery Seed
- Incorporate the egg into the meat and mix well.1 Egg
- Add pork rinds and mix well. You are looking for tight consistency. If the mixture feels too wet, add more pork rinds.½ Cup Pork Rinds
- Using a #50 scoop, scoop portions of the mixture, rubbing off any excess with the palm of your hand. Place the balls onto the cookie sheet. The balls will not expand so they could be close, but do leave space for air circulation between them, about half an inch.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165℉.
- While meatballs bake in the oven, Make the sauce. In a saute pan at low heat warm the hot sauce and the butter. Add more butter if you desire a milder sauce.1 Cup Hot Sauce, 1 tablespoon Butter
- Once the meatballs come out of the oven, remove from the sheet pan and place in the sauce. Toss to cover.
- Serve with celery and carrots or favorite crudite veggies as well as blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping.
Notes on ingredients
- If making for a crowd, double the meat and consider using a pound of ground chicken and a pound of ground turkey. The turkey will bring a depth of flavor to the chicken flavor. Same if instead of turkey, you use ground pork.
- Because hot wings are typically served with blue cheese dressing, I am utilizing blue cheese, plus I like its flavor profile. You may substitute the cheese for shredded mozzarella. It works just as well as any other favorite cheese.
- You have the option to scramble or beat the egg before adding it to the mixture to make the mixing with the meat a lot easier and smoother. This is a cook preference not a must do step.
- For this application, I buy a tube of garlic puree and squirt out about half a tablespoon of the puree.
- Original Frank's Hot Sauce or Frank's Wing Sauce would work well for these meatballs.
- The pork rinds are the binder. Remember, this is a KETO-friendly recipe, and we do not use breadcrumbs while preparing keto recipes. If you are not following a keto diet, feel free to substitute the pork rinds for panko crumbs.
- Use salt and pepper to adjust the flavor. Do not add them at the beginning. The blue cheese, pork rinds, and mustard carry a great amount of flavor and saltiness. After a taste test, adjust the flavor with salt and pepper, to taste.
Calories: 736kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 63gFat: 49gSaturated Fat: 22gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 427mgSodium: 8303mgPotassium: 1521mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1359IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 285mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!